There are numerous reasons for my resentment towards YYZ, which I will list below.
- Security checkpoints are always so crowded. On a few occasions, I had to be redirected to a different security checkpoint at another part of the airport because there were just so many people.
- It always takes much longer to retrieve my checked baggage at the carousel than it does at YVR. I consider myself lucky if I retrieve my baggage within 20 minutes of reaching the carousel.
- I have been stuck inside the aircraft on the runway while taxiing to the gate because there were other aircraft and vehicles in the way. Once, the plane I was on was stopped just short of the gate because there was another aircraft at the gate.
- Maybe it's because of the gate I usually get assigned to, but I feel like the food vendors at YYZ are not evenly distributed. Going to the gate and trekking back to get Tim Horton's near the security checkpoint is quite the long walk.
- I have to pay to use the cart. I was really astonished when I first arrived at YYZ to begin my University career.